Summer is the time when the body feels extremely dehydrated due to high temperature and hot weather. Therefore, staying hydrated is essential for maintaining your health and well-being.
Here are five tips to help you stay hydrated:
1. Drink more water: Water is the best thing to stay hydrated. A normal person should aim to drink at least eight to ten glasses of water everyday and if one is engaging in physical activities or spending time outdoors they should keep a reusable water bottle all the times as a reminder to drink water throughout the day.
2. Consume hydrating foods: Incorporate high water content foods in your everyday diet. Some fruits and vegetables such as strawberries, watermelon, lettuce, cucumbers and oranges are excellent choices. All these foods not only keep you hydrated but also provide essential nutrients to your body.
3. Avoid sugary beverages: Due to the diuretic properties, beverages such as soda, energy drinks, and certain types of tea or coffee can actually dehydrate your body. There is no harm in enjoying them on some special occasions but it is necessary to limit the intake and prioritize water as your main source of hydration.
4. Set reminders: It’s easy to forget to drink water, especially when you’re busy or engrossed in outdoor activities. Set reminders on your phone or use hydration tracking apps to prompt you to drink water at regular intervals. This can help you stay consistent with your hydration goals.
5. Stay ahead of thirst: Thirst is a signal that your body is already partially dehydrated. Instead of waiting until you feel thirsty, make a conscious effort to drink water regularly throughout the day. Sip water even when you don’t feel particularly thirsty to maintain a proper hydration level.